Communication Field Officer
ARE YOU GAME LEBANON’S NEW Communication Field Officer
In GAME, we love asphalt. As a playground, as a meeting place, and as the fundament for creating social change. GAME is a Top 150 NGO and since 2007 our young volunteers have worked in Lebanon to bridge divides and engage refugees and less advantaged children and youth in Street Sports. The goal is to lower the threshold and let more people get involved in the play and community on the asphalt with the goal of creating lasting social change. We are now looking for a Communication Field Officer for our office in Beirut.
We’re looking for a Communication Field Officer to assist in the positive development GAME Lebanon is going through. You will become a team member of the office in Beirut with joint responsibility for scaling the impact through partnerships and project. You will also have a joint responsibility with another colleague Field Officer for reaching the goals of GAME’s Youth Resolve II Program.
As you learn and grow confident in the job, your area of responsibility will grow with you.
YOU WILL GET
- A unique chance to make a difference through Street Sports and culture
- To Influence and a central position on an experienced team
- Responsibility for following up with our GAME Zones across the country
- Chance to coordinate with partners for a success Youth Resolve II Program
- In partnership with HQ communication/In the framework of the overall GAME communication goals, develop and implement Communication Strategy, which leads to increased awareness about GAME in terms of press appearances, followers of Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- A chance to plan and implement events for and by our Playmakers
- Good relations with local actors (Municipalities, partners, CBO’s etc.) and work with them to establish &/or renovate public spaces for Street Sports
- A unique experience in coordinating innovative Street Sports entrepreneurship project
- Ad hoc tasks to support the Country Director
- Bachelor’s degree from Communication and/or relevant studies or equivalent experience
- Experience from managing volunteers, working with NGO’s or sports organizations
- a driver’s license
- Strong skills in project planning and management
- Strong communication skills with fluency in English (verbal and written)
- Ability to handle large workload and include director in prioritization
- Experience with professional SoMe communication and/or journalism
- Experience creating visual communication like photos, graphics and videos
- Passionate about social change and/or sports
- Focused on the power of teamwork
- Eagerness to work for an international organization and contribute through participation in cross-cutting teams
July 1st, 2020, pending covid-19 logistical conditions. The position is full time with occasional weekend and evening work (such as overseeing events). The position is time limited to 27 months with the possibility of extension based on performance and funding.
GAME Lebanon’s office in Beirut.
LETTER OF MOTIVATION
has to be uploaded to GAME as PDF together with CV in one file. Please use this link:
DEADLINE AND INTERVIEWS
The deadline is May 31st , 2020. First interviews are expected to be held in the First half of June.
is something we celebrate. We therefore encourage everyone irrespective of their gender, sexual orientation, age, race, religion or disability to apply for a job in GAME
For general information on GAME, please see http://game.ngo
Non-National applicants have to be qualified to apply for work permit under the Labor Law of the Lebanese Ministry of Labor.
Kindly note that applications sent by email will be disregarded – please use the Podio-URL