SENIOR PROGRAM MANAGER, LEBANON
ARE YOU GAME’S NEW SENIOR PROGRAM MANAGER?
At GAME, we love asphalt. As a playground, as a meeting place, and as the foundation for creating social change. GAME is a Top 150 NGO and since 2007 our young volunteers have worked in the MENA (Middle East and North Africa) region to bridge divides and empower refugees and less advantaged children and youth through street sports. The goal is to lower the threshold and let more people get involved in the play and community on the asphalt with the goal of creating lasting social change. We are now looking for a Senior Program Manager to lead and represent our work in the region.
We’re looking for a dynamic senior colleague, to coordinate and lead local implementation while providing global support. You will be a team member of GAME’s global program team with responsibility for the MENA region. You will be based at the GAME Lebanon Office in Beirut with overall joint responsibility together with the Country Director for the implementation of GAME’s new 3-year EU program. This is a family duty station, however this position does not offer a family package (schooling, housing, etc.).
YOU WILL GET
• A unique chance to make a difference through youth empowerment and street sports
• Responsibility for leading and coordinating GAME’s activities in the region
• Responsibility for making the local integration of GAME’s cross-cutting functions a success (Finance, Communication, Innovation, etc.)
• A chance to navigating and apply high-level stakeholder management (Donors, Local Government, Partners, Media, etc.)
• The privilege to manage a fabulous team of Country Directors and Representatives across the region
• Minimum of 7 years of international development experience in the humanitarian or development sector
• Demonstrated leadership, including the proven ability to successfully lead a multi-national team
• 3+ years working in the region is preferred
• Master’s degree or equivalent experience
• Willingness and ability (travel documentation) to travel internationally across the region and to Denmark
• A structured, practical, efficient, responsible, and result-driven way of going about things
• Readiness to accept non-family posting terms
• A passion for creating social change and maybe even experience with sport for development (not a requirement)
September 1st 2020, pending COVID-19 logistical conditions. The position is full time with occasional weekend and evening work (such as overseeing events). The position is time limited to 31 months with the possibility of extension based on performance and funding.
GAME Lebanon’s office in Beirut.
LETTER OF MOTIVATION
has to be uploaded to GAME as PDF together with CV in one file. Please use this link.
DEADLINE AND INTERVIEWS
The deadline is June 7th, 2020. First interviews are expected to be held in the second half of June.
is something we celebrate. We therefore encourage everyone irrespective of gender, sexual orientation, age, background, religion or disability to apply for a job in GAME.
For general information on GAME, please see GAME.ngo